Yesterday I went for a little cycle - my second visit to the ocean since I arrived. Adelaide has a 15 km cycle and pedestrian track along the Torrens River; it starts in the northern suburbs, runs through the city centre and ends up right on the beach. It's a wicked ride and the weather was warm and sunny so I took my time.
Once I got to the ocean and on to Henley Beach, I strolled out on the pier - ice cream in hand, yummy wildberry yoghurt flavour if you wanna know - and found this rather persistent pelican perched on the promenade. He kept striding up and down the pier and you got the feeling he was a sergeant major overseeing the two angler grunts as they pulled up HIS fish. And if he didn't get the fish... well, you just didn't want to go there, believe me!

Once I got to the ocean and on to Henley Beach, I strolled out on the pier - ice cream in hand, yummy wildberry yoghurt flavour if you wanna know - and found this rather persistent pelican perched on the promenade. He kept striding up and down the pier and you got the feeling he was a sergeant major overseeing the two angler grunts as they pulled up HIS fish. And if he didn't get the fish... well, you just didn't want to go there, believe me!


No comments:
Post a Comment